Health Foundry Blog
Spiced Okra goes great on its own with flat bread or makes for a perfect accompanying dish with grilled lamb or prawns. Inspired by Indian cuisine, if you like Okra this recipe is a quick and easy way to enjoy your meal and the flavour profiles in Turmeric Active make a perfect accompaniment to the traditional spices.
Time: 10 mins
- 1 cup - tender okra/bhendi (washed, wiped dry and cut into 1 to1.5-inch pieces)
- 3 peeled and crushed Garlic
- 2 green chillies, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon - chopped Coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon - Red Chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon - coriander powder
- ½ scoop Turmeric Active
- Salt and pepper
- Splash of oil
- Mix okra (bhendi), onion, chillies, oil and salt in the cooking pot. Cover and microwave on high for 3 mins.
- Add red chilli powder, Turmeric Active, coriander powder, crushed garlic and mix well.
- Microwave on High for 6 mins (covered), stirring once after every 2 mins.
- Add coriander leaves; mix and microwave on High for 2 more mins without the lid.
- Check and remove.
*Tastes great with curd, rice / chapathi.