Health Foundry Blog
If you prefer to try Turmeric Active rice with a bit more of the sweet and savoury notes give this recipe a try. Another classically inspired dish with amazing flavours, try adding in crushed nuts for added texture or if you are feeling adventurous try adding in a small splash of soy.
Time: 20 mins
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 scoop Turmeric Active
- Splash of soy sauce, preferably tamari (optional)
- Place uncooked rice in the cooking pot. Add enough water to cover the top.
- Wash the rice and drain.
- Combine the rice, Turmeric Active, and curry powder, mixing well to coat the rice with the spices. Add the raisins, onions, stock and soy sauce.
- Cover and cook in microwave 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook for 4 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Once complete run a fork through the rice, making sure the rice is tender and fluffy.
- Serve and enjoy.