Health Foundry Blog
Add a bit of spice, heat and zest to your rice with this recipe, perfect along side roasts, curries or Indian and Middle-Eastern inspired dishes - also tastes great on its own.
Time: 10-15 mins
- 1 cup rice
- Approximately 1 ½ cups chicken broth or water
- 6 curry leaves, whole
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 scoop Turmeric Active
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts or almonds (optional)
- Lime slices (optional) for serving
- Place uncooked rice in the cooking pot. Add enough water to cover the top.
- Wash the rice and drain.
- Add chicken broth / water, curry leaves and Turmeric Active powder to the washed rice. Mix well.
- Cover and cook in microwave 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook for 4 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, fluff the rice with a fork and add red pepper flakes and mix.
- (Optional) Add crushed nuts (cashews or peanuts) and mix in.
- Remove curry leaves and add salt and lemon to taste.
- Serve and enjoy