Health Foundry Blog
A great red curry paste, some fresh filets of fish and you are on you way to creating your own fantastic Red Fish Curry. The bold curry flavours combined with the creaminess of coconut milk are bound to win over even the most skeptical fish eaters and the introduction of Turmeric Active works brilliantly with the established flavour profile of the dish.
Time: 20 mins
- 2 fillets of firm white fish, skin removed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (such as cauliflower, carrots, and/or shallots), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 scoop Turmeric Active
- ¾ cups whole peeled tomatoes
- ½ large shallot
- Coriander leaves and lime wedges (for serving)
- Finely chop the shallots, garlic and ginger and add to the cooking pot with the oil. Mix to coat and cook for 1 minute.
- Add curry paste and Turmeric Active; stir well and cook for 2 minutes, mixture should be sticky.
- Add tomatoes, breaking up with your hands. Cook for 2 minutes, remove and stir, breaking down the tomatoes further, cook again for 2 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk and a pinch of salt. Combine well and cook again for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables and pour in enough water to cover. Stir well and cook for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Season fish all over with salt and nestle into the curry mixture (add a little more water if it’s very thick). Return to a simmer and cook just until fish is cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Top with coriander and a squeeze of lime.